Steve,

Yep, the possibility exists to do this in python/groovie/perl/etc, just
a mater of the amount of data collected and whether that data will
actually be used.

After thinking about this for a bit and discussions on this mailing
list, I am thinking that if I do push data into a db, it will end up
being just a small sub set of the total data collected.  For the most
part, I will probably end up just enhancing ganglia to entend the time
period for some of the rrd's.

Chris