Hi Brian,

 good that I could help you. Now, the fix is of course not what we
really want. At least it has a few nasty implications upstreams. At
least now we know what caused your problems.

 Could you please open a bugzilla entry for this and assign it to me?
That way we can keep track of it.

Thanks
Martin

--- Brian Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> So the the problem was that within a Solaris 10 zone only interface
> aliases
> are present by default, in my case the parent interface was not
> accessible.
> The quick and dirty fix that worked for me was to comment out line
> 112.
>
>        111:    myflags = 0;
>        112:          if ( (cptr = strchr(ifr->ifr_name, ':')) !=
> NULL)
>        113:                *cptr = 0;            /* replace colon
> will null
> */
>        114:        if (strncmp(lastname, ifr->ifr_name, IFNAMSIZ) ==
> 0) {
>        115:                 if (doaliases == 0)
>        116:                         continue;       /* already
> processed
> this interface */
>        117:                myflags = IFI_ALIAS;
>        118:        }
>        119:        printf("%s\n",ifr->ifr_name);
>        120:        memcpy(lastname, ifr->ifr_name, IFNAMSIZ);
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Brian

Martin Knoblauch
email: k n o b i AT knobisoft DOT de