Vitaly,

unfortunately the problem lies with cygwin rather than Ganglia.
The windows agent is essentially the same as the Linux one
(hence not too much development work) and cygwin was the way
to make the code work. The author of this did not find out
until afterwards how broken cygwins emulation of /proc really was.

The lack of the 1 minute load metric really screws all the web
stuff, because the load1 value drives much of the GUI.

Because here I predominately monitor windows based HPC
clusters, I hacked the web interface to be driven by cpu load
rather than load1, which means my php files are a significant fork
from the standard. With hindsight, changing the metric.c file for the
cygwin gmond to fake up load1 and other metrics may have been
a better idea.

I don't think there are any change for the better with the windows
binary between 3.0.0 and 3.0.4. But I do have windows binaries
for 3.0.3 if you wanted them.

If you want to make it yourself, the following may ease your pain:
1) Get the full cygwin system, don't bother on any subset.
2) Do this in the ganglia source tree
      find . '(' -name libtool -o -name config.cache -o
     -name config.status ')' -a -print -a -exec rm '{}' ';'
3) Compile from the untouched release. If you had already done a Linux
   based ./configure, it really poisons the cygwin compilation.
4) make -I, and be prepared to do it more than once.

kind regards,
Richard

dat=121642
For more information about Barclays Capital, please visit our web site at
http://www.barcap.com.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Although the
Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept
responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being
passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of the Barclays Group.  Replies to this email
may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.