On Friday 13 July 2007 18:08:13 Brad Nicholes wrote:
> There are several options then
>
> 1. Include the examples in the tarball but don't install them from RPM or
> 'make install'
> 2. Same as #1 except 'make install' would install them as
> disabled
> 3. Same as #1 except both RPM and 'make install' would install
> them as disabled

Debian packages example code inside the application's docs area (typically
within /usr/share/doc/<app name>/examples/ ).  I found this a bit bizarre to
begin with, but it does seem about the best place for example code.

One could then packaged the code as an RPM: either as part of the gmond
package or as a separate gmond-devel package.

Just my 2c worth.

Cheers,

Paul.