Hi Brad:

So how did you do it?  Are you using the distro provided apr-1 or did
you install it from source with --prefix?

With apr-1-config, I can get the include path into a variable -- I
then have this include path added to the numerous Makefile.am that
needs it.

It's not especially clean and I'm not sure whether it's the correct
way to do it, but so far it seems to work.

However, I'm not sure why I need to do this for apr, but not for
expat/libconfuse -- any ideas?

BTW, Python.h is found in /usr/include/python<ver>/ on Red Hat
distroes, so I am implementing a workaround so that things work
cross-distroes.

Cheers,

Bernard

On 7/11/07, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Brad:
> >
> > On 7/11/07, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> I don't think that there is anything in the code itself that requires
> >> python
> > 2.4.  The python module is fairly straight forward.  Version 2.4 was just
> > the
> > version that we had to work with and I wasn't sure how to fix up configure
> > so
> > that it would allow multiple version.  The spec file would also have to be
> > fixed up to allow it as well.
> >
> > Okay I have a fix that will make this portable between different
> > Python versions (so far tested with 2.3).
> >
> > However, I am still having issues with apr-1 -- since I have both
> > apr-0 and apr-1 co-existing, I'm not sure whether this is the problem.
> >
> > Specifically when I try to run make, I get a bunch of errors saying
> > that apr.h (and other apr header files) are not found -- do I need to
> > modify configure.in to have the include path added to the numerous
> > Makefiles -- how is this currently done?
> >
> > P.S. make clean still does not clean up the repository after a build
> > -- I *really* hope some Makefile guru can help us make this work...
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Bernard
>
> I tried to make the configure script fix up the include path, but now that I
> configure script allows you to specify a different location for libapr-1 by
> using the --with-libapr=<PATH> parameter.  Using that path, it will
> automatically set the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS for the include and library search
> paths.  The problem is that it assumes that if you specify an apr path, both
> the include and lib directories for apr are sub-directories of that path.
> This works fine if you are building libapr from source and specify a PREFIX
> for 'make install'.  It doesn't work so well when 'make install' puts the
> headers and libraries in /usr which is the same location as libapr0.  This is
> the problem that you are running into.  For the time being, if you can
> separate libapr1 headers and libraries into a different location, you can use
> the --with-libapr.  But we may also need a --with-apr_include or something
> like that as
  well.