>>> On 1/24/2008 at 1:48 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Matthias
Blankenhaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Bernard Li wrote:
>
>> Dear all:
>>
>> Just a quick note letting you guys know that I have just granted
>> Matthias SVN access to our tree.  I expect great patches and check-ins
>> from him :-)
>>
>> Welcome!
>
> Bernard and all !
>
> Thank you very much for welcoming me to the Ganglia community.  It has
> been fun so far and I expect the same from the days ahead.
>
> Looking forward to an even better Ganglia in 2008.
>
> Thanx,
> Matthias

Welcome aboard Matthias,

I was wondering what the process is for granting somebody commit rights and
also wondering why Matthias didn't already have rights.

Maybe as an agenda item during our meet-up at the end of Feb., we can discuss
what the procedure is for granting active participates rights to the
repository.  In the Apache project it is called a meritocracy.  I would like to
present a few of the ideas around that and see what everybody thinks.

Brad