Quoting Ulf Lange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi,
>
> I' ve just installed ganglia-web-3.0.6-1 (created the package from source).
> My OS: SLES 10 SP1
> But no graphs will be generated:
> [Mon Feb 04 13:28:38 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal
> error:  Call to undefined function ctype_digit() in
> /srv/www/htdocs/ganglia/functions.php on line 428
>
> To fix the problem you have to install the package
> php5-ctype-5.1.2-29.50.x86_64.rpm.
>
> Is it possible to check it in the spec file? Probably to complicated.
> Alternative would be to write a smal pre script for the rpm?

Hi.  I chose the ctype extension for input validations since it's been
enabled by default in PHP since 4.2.0, and it tends to be faster than
other methods of validating input (regular expressions or is_*
functions).  Knowing that ctype is a sub-package on SuSE makes me
wonder if there's a way to get the same effect which will always be
enabled.

Using is_numeric() rather than ctype_digit() would be an option.  That
would always be available, as it's part of the core language.

alex