Hi all:

Right now I am working on the upgrade path from 3.0.x to 3.1.x.  Since
there are diffs between 3.0.x gmond and 3.1.x gmond, I am proposing
the following changes in the spec file during upgrade:

%postun
gmond -t > /tmp/gmond.conf.old /* generate default conf from 3.0.x */

%post
gmond -t > /tmp/gmond.conf /* generate default conf from 3.1.x */
diff -ru /tmp/gmond.conf.old /tmp/gmond.conf > /tmp/gmond.conf.patch
cd /etc/ganglia
cp gmond.conf gmond.conf.3.0.x
patch -p2 < /tmp/gmond.conf.patch

This *should* correctly update the old conf to the new conf.

I guess the real question is whether we should automate this, or let
the user manually fix this themselves...

Thoughts?

Cheers,