Hi Carlo:

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  since that code has been overridden by the one in r1230, is this still
>  relevant?

The original patch which Matt submitted (and which Brad checked in)
had a bug which simply does not set the cookie if it exists.  This is
simply incorrect because the content of the cookie might have changed
and this was exactly why gridstack wasn't working.  This was fixed in
the backport that is r1230.

However, the original idea from Matt which is to conditionally set the
cookie is still there, it's just more strict.  And this is the issue
we are discussing here -- how to determine the situation when the
cookie should be set, or should we just let the cookie be set all the
time.

>  isn't setting the cookie all the time (as you proposed), going to trigger the
>  bug why the fix in r790 was introduced to begin with?

Yes, it would.  But I don't see any way to solve both issues.  I
simply don't see this exponential growth of cookie using a typical
browser like Firefox, so I am trying to get a better understanding of
what this library Matt is working with is doing.  Otherwise, reverting
the original patch and simply set cookie all the time seems like the
quickest fix.

Brad, can you please get a hold of Matt to see if he has any input?

Thanks,