All,
    I have just created the Ganglia 3.1.x stable branch
http://ganglia.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ganglia/branches/monitor-core-3.1.x/
.  This branch will be used to stabilize and produce all future releases of
Ganglia 3.1.x.  Since it has been designated as a stable branch, all commits to
this branch should go through the Review-then-Commit process.  You can find out
more about how this works on the Ganglia wiki site
http://ganglia.wiki.sourceforge.net/ganglia_works .

   Effort should now shift to creating our first official release of Ganglia
3.1.x.  Snapshot of this branch will start out with the version number of
3.1.0.xxxx with the quad-level number representing the SVN revision number from
which the snapshot was created.  The first official release candidate will be
versioned as 3.1.1 with the minor revision number increasing from that point
for every release candidate produced.  When an official release is finally
created, it will carry the same version number as the release candidate from
which it was produced.

   With the creation of this branch, the Ganglia project is well on its way to
producing an official 3.1.x release.

thanks,
Brad