On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 02:14:19AM -0500, Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:
> most likely just a formality, as the web frontend templating system was based
> on the GPLv2+ TemplatePower class from the very beginning (at least as
> shown from the history in svn).
>
> a quick line count from the files involved says the contributers that will
> need to consent will be (including number of lines committed from all files in
> the web directory including non php files which could be as well discarded as
> an alternative) :
>
>      38 bnicholes
>      87 carenas
>     410 knobi1
>     426 bernardli
>     686 hawson
>     830 sacerdoti
>    3940 massie

I am not a lawyer, nor do I know anything specific about what licencing
agreements were made when Ganglia was released, but any code written by
Matt Massie while in the employment of UC Berkeley might be considered
property of the UC Regents and he may not be able to authorize license
changes.

--
Mike Howard
UC Berkeley Engineering Research Support