I downloaded the source code for libconfuse from
http://www.nongnu.org/confuse/, which had a download link to
http://bzero.se/confuse/confuse-2.6.tar.gz.

The configure options I used to compile libconfuse that finally worked were:
"./configure CFLAGS=-fPIC --disable-nls".

Without doing this, ganglia would give me the error:
"libconfuse.a(confuse.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can
not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC"

James

>>> Brad Nicholes 05/20/08 3:17 PM >>>
What configure options did you use?  It looks like you are trying to create a
shared library using a static version of libconfuse.  Where did you get the
version of libconfuse that you are using?

Brad