Hi Kuba:

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Kuba Konczyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You can run 'python setup.py bdist_rpm' in gmetad-python directory to
> build RPM package.Currently it fails and I can't figure out why ;(

All right I will take a look at this.

> I'm not sure if RPM should be a definite choice for gmetad-python,
> because of lack of portability between platforms.Maybe we should
> consider using easy_install[1] which is compatible with distutils (ie.
> with setup.py script) and allows to build 'eggs' (packages) that could
> be easily installed (even automatically via internet using
> easy_install script).BTW you can read about distutils here[2] (you've
> probably already know that ;)
>
> [1] http://wiki.python.org/moin/EasyInstall
> [2] http://docs.python.org/dist/dist.html

Well I maintain the RPM spec file for Ganglia, so if there is a new
component, I would like to include it -- ditto for other packagers out
there (eg. .deb).

How to integrate gmetad-python installation via `make` (the standard
way of building from source) I will leave it up to you guys.  I am
assuming in the future all I need to do to install gmetad-python (via
sources) is simply to do `./configure --with-gmetad-python` and then
`make install` will run setup.py or whatever and install gmetad-python
(if that isn't already done so).  Of course gmetad & gmetad-python
shouldn't be installed at the same time :)

Cheers,