Hi guys:

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Bernard Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well I maintain the RPM spec file for Ganglia, so if there is a new
> component, I would like to include it -- ditto for other packagers out
> there (eg. .deb).
>
> How to integrate gmetad-python installation via `make` (the standard
> way of building from source) I will leave it up to you guys.  I am
> assuming in the future all I need to do to install gmetad-python (via
> sources) is simply to do `./configure --with-gmetad-python` and then
> `make install` will run setup.py or whatever and install gmetad-python
> (if that isn't already done so).  Of course gmetad & gmetad-python
> shouldn't be installed at the same time :)

Okay, I have a semi-functional ganglia-gmetad-python subpackage.  I am
still missing the init script and the configuration file.

Going forward, I think I will make the ganglia-gmetad and
ganglia-gmetad-python conflict with each other.  However, I will need
to rename some expected filenames:

/etc/init.d/gmetad -> /etc/init.d/gmetad_python
/etc/ganglia/gmetad.conf -> /etc/ganglia/gmetad_python.conf

And when the time comes ganglia-gmetad-python package obsoletes
ganglia-gmetad, we'll have scripts to do the conversion.

If nobody objects, I will check this into trunk.

Cheers,