On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 10:51:12AM +0200, Ulf wrote:

> I' ve just tested the latest snapshot 3.1.0.1361 on AIX.
> I'm wondering why the fixed typo in libmetrics/aix/metrics.c is still unfixed
> in the snapshot.

because the snapshot was created before the proposed fix was approved
for backport and committed in 1368.

> I used some needed tools from Micheal Perzl to compile ganglia.
> # ./configure --enable-static-build --disable-python
> --with-libapr=/opt/freeware/bin/apr-1-config
>
> If I try to start it on AIX, with gmond -m I get the following errors. The
> mentioned modules are not available.
> Any ideas?

use instead the snapshot from :

  http://tapir.sajinet.com.pe/ganglia/ganglia-3.1.0.1396.tar.gz

that one includes all proposed build fixes for AIX, and is better suited for
testing if we got a working gmond there (*)

Carlo

PS. also suitable for testing in [Open]Solaris or DragonflyBSD