Hi Ron:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:24 PM, TheRonbo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That installed, but when I attempt to build a new project within Eclipse,
> pointing to the Ganglia SVN URL:
> https://ganglia.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ganglia

You probably wanted
https://ganglia.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ganglia/branches/monitor-core-3.1/
instead, the URL you specified would've downloaded the *entire*
Ganglia tree (with trunk, all branches and all tags).

> The Eclipse widjet puts up a progress bar that hangs about halfway through..
> I think it's attempting to download the svn tree, to let be select what bits
> I want
> to download into the new project.
>
> Anyway, I've not used subversion previously...
> If anyone has links or simple instructions to download & build this puppy...
> I'd appreciate it.

Subversion is pretty easy to use, just do:

svn co
https://ganglia.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ganglia/branches/monitor-core-3.1
./ganglia-3.1.x

Will check out the code and put it in a directory called
'ganglia-3.1.x' in your current directory.

If you can hop onto IRC (#ganglia on irc.freenode.net), I could help
you more "interactively".

Cheers,