On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 02:59:11PM -0500, Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 09:48:51AM +0100, Stu Teasdale wrote:
> >
> > There are debs of the subversion r1399 snapshot available in:
>
> is this really needed?, at least in my system with the last snapshot it seems
> libtool is creating both the static and the dynamic (with -fPIC) versions of
> the objects.

For whatever reason the shared library on my build box was spat out
without PIC, and the debian lintian package correctness tools choked on
it. With the flag all is well. I suspect a more correct fix would be to
dive into the depths of autoconf, but my autoconf-fu is weak.

> > I'd love to get some feedback on these as I intend to push them to
> > debian experimental shortly.
>
> that will be great, but remember the final release will have only 3 version
> numbers instead of the 4 as are used in the snapshot.

That's not an issue, the ~ is significant in debian versions ecause the
~ sorts as before anything else, including nothing. Therefore the real
version 3.1.0-1 will be a higher version than 3.1.0~r1399 (or any ~RC
versions).

Stu
--
>From the prompt of Stu Teasdale

Intel CPUs are not defective, they just act that way.
                -- Henry Spencer