On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 09:10:41PM -0500, Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 09:37:03PM +0100, Stu Teasdale wrote:

> > > is this really needed?, at least in my system with the last snapshot it
> > >  seems libtool is creating both the static and the dynamic (with -fPIC)
> > >  versions of the objects.
> >
> > For whatever reason the shared library on my build box was spat out
> > without PIC
>
> strange, your build log shows that all objects for libganglia were built with
> PIC and they should have even if you remove the flag, except for the ones used
> by the helper library libgetopthelper.a that is meant to be linked statically
> any way and that does not require PIC.
>
> are you using a Sid i386 build box?

Yes, I didn't probe too far, I'm afraid atm I'm hammering out these
packages when I get chance.

Build logs will appear at buildd.debian.org and www.buildd.net

> what will be needed to get them into unstable from there?, and from there to
> testing?, when is the package freeze for the next debian stable distribution
> happening?

Experimental -> unstable is a manual upload by the maintainer. I'd
probably want us to have at the very least a late RC before I do this.
SID -> Testing is automatic after 5 days with no RC bugs, the freeze
schedule for Lenny calls for a full freeze in mid-July, though we'll
have to see if that happens ( we're already supposed to have a toolchain
freeze and that's not quite there yet).

Stu

--
>From the prompt of Stu Teasdale

"You can't make a program without broken egos."