How do you do this?  If you use stock config files, then you can assume port
numbers to talk to.  But I have many clusters and grids, so many port numbers
in use over many gmetad servers.  I don't see these port numbers in the XML
stream.  So, like from the top level I can get the authority URLs for the child
grids, but I don't know their ports so I can't go further.  The only way I see
to recurse the tree is to also have access to gmetad/gmond config files to get
the port numbers.  I think the only way the web interface works is that it has
the port numbers in the conf.php.

Should port numbers be added to the XML stream so that robots can recurse the
XML data, independent of gmetad or php?  Or am I missing something obvious?

-twitham