On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 12:19:48AM +0800, Liang Han wrote:
>    Dear ganglia developers,

Dear Liang, sorry for the late reply but somehow your email got delivered
late (check if you are subscribed, as that is usually a reason for delays)

>    Ganglia is really a very cool tool.   We can see the data from web pages.

the web frontend shows the historical data stored in RRD files, and RRD
can be manipulated and read independently as a way of integration.

>    But does ganglia has other interface (such as JAVA API) for integration
>    purpose?

no, but if you get yourself reading the XDR data from gmond (it is documented
in a file named protocol.x) you can be able to get another process interfacing
with it at the node level.

all ganglia daemons use XML for reporting, and that is also easy to interface
with using something else like JAVA, just connect to TCP/8649 in the gmond or
TCP/8651 in the gmetad to get the XML data.

Carlo