A bit late in replying...

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 20:17, Bernard Li > I have created a new
navigation link called "Development" in the Ganglia Wiki:

> http://ganglia.wiki.sourceforge.net/development
>
> I envision to place all development-related resources under this page.

Great idea.

> Going through the other navigation links, I propose that we move "How
> the Project Works", "How to Participate", "Project Administration" and
> "Wish List" under this subcategory -- thoughts?

Agreed, with one minor change:  Leave the "how to participate" link on
the sidebar.  I think that it is important to not bury that link in a
sub-page.

> On the same token, I am thinking of creating another subcategory
> called "User resources" and place some of the other pages there.

That's reasonable.  What would go there?

For my part, I think that the following wiki pages should *remain* in
the sidebar, or somewhere obvious on each page:
  * home
  * A link to the documentation, including installation
  * How to participate
  * Release Notes
  * Link to gmetric/module repos.

The above list is not sorted.  I also don't have a problem with pages
being linked from multiple places.  For example, a documentation link
on the sidebar does not preclude having a second documentation link on
the developer page(s).

One of the guidelines for Wikipedia Editors is "Be Bold."[1]  So have
at it!  We can always change/revert the pages if it doesn't work out.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Be_bold

--
Jesse Becker
GPG Fingerprint -- BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2