Pocock <dan...@pocock.com.au> wrote:

>>> that I am seeing is that the include path to the conf.d directory in the
>>> gmond.conf file is not getting set correctly.  It is still pointing to
>>> ./conf.d/*.conf rather than the value that was passed in with --sysconfdir.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if this is a regression or not, but it is a problem.  That is
> as
>>> far as I have tested so far.
>>>

>>> Some things to check:
>>>
>>> In your source tree, what is in  lib/default_conf.h ?
>>>

>> include ('" SYSCONFDIR "/conf.d/*.conf')\n
>>

>>> Does gmond/gmond.conf exist in the source tree?  If so, it is used
>>> instead of auto-generating
>>>

>> No, after doing a make install, gmond.conf did not exist anywhere.  I
> created it using ./gmond -t > gmond.conf  command
>>

>>> What is the output of gmond -t?
>>>

>> The result I got with the invalid gmond.conf file was with the above
> command.  But I just did it again and came up with a correct gmond.conf.  So
> I am thing user error right now.
>>

> Ok, please let me know if you can reproduce the problem
>>> Remember, the spec file also tries to copy /etc/gmond.conf to
>>> /etc/ganglia - you didn't have an old /etc/gmond.conf on the box?
>>>

>> I was actually trying to install into a test area rather than /etc/.  That
> might be why I didn't see a gmond.conf after the build if /etc/gmond.conf is
> essentially hard coded.
>>
> It is only hard coded in the spec file, not in any binary
>
> The spec file looks for /etc/gmond.conf and moves it to
> /etc/ganglia/gmond.conf
>
> rpm would also leave an existing gmond.conf intact
>
> You only get the fresh gmond.conf if none of (/etc/gmond.conf,
> /etc/ganglia/gmond.conf) exists
>
>> One other problem.  After doing a configure and make I tried to do a make
> distdir just to get the built files in the web directory.  In the resulting
> dist directory, nothing was built in the web directory.  conf.php.in was
> there but no conf.php etc.   Is there something different I need to do now to
> get all of the .in files resolved in the web directory?
>>

> Try
>
> make -C web conf.php version.php
>
> You'll notice that I've put something like that in the spec file

OK, that worked but it begs the question, shouldn't this just happen on a
"make", "make install" or "make dist*" rather than it being a separate command?
 I'm sure there must be a good reason for it, just curious.  Is this documented
somewhere other than .spec file?  If I wanted to just pull the tarball and
build it myself, I shouldn't have to be guessing at the build steps other than
configure/make/make install.

Brad