Hi,

I have compiled ganglia without root access before on multiple machines and
this by manually compiling and installing all the dependencies for ganglia.

However this time i am getting an error that i cannot explain.

When i run configure for ganglia using the following

*./configure --prefix=/nethome/mchaudary3/gInstall/ganglia --with-gmetad
--with-librrd=/nethome/mchaudary3/gInstall/rrdtool
--with-libconfuse=/nethome/mchaudary3/gInstall/libconfuse
--with-libexpat=/nethome/mchaudary3/gInstall/libexpat
--with-libapr=/nethome/mchaudary3/gInstall/libapr*

i get the following error:

The ganglia graphs are created using RRDTool (http://www.rrdtool.org/)

*Checking for python
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking Python version... 2.4
checking Python support... yes

Checking for apr
Added -I/nethome/mchaudary3/gInstall/libapr/include to CFLAGS
Added -L/nethome/mchaudary3/gInstall/libapr/lib to LDFLAGS
checking for apr_socket_send in -lapr-1... no
libapr not found*

Now i have libapr successfully installed at the path i specify....what could
possibly be going wrong? I remember this one time i was installing it on a
machine and i had move the include files from /include/apr-1 outside to the
include folder. I even tried that but that didnt work.

Ive spent hrs trying to get every dependency for rrdtool and what not to
install and now im stuck at the final thing! Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks
Ahmad