Hi all:

When I was writing a Python module for monitoring GPU metrics, I
noticed that the interface does not provide a way to set dmax.
According to the gmetric man page, dmax is:

       -d, --dmax=INT
              The lifetime in seconds of this metric  (default=‘0’)

So I was wondering why this isn't available for the Python or C module
interfaces.

Right now, if I had added a new metric via the interfaces and no
longer want it, I would have to:

1) Comment it out in the conf
2) Restart the gmond where the module originates from
3) Restart the collector gmond
4) Restart gmetad

Thanks,