According to GSoC FAQ, Ganglia will receive a generous $500 payment for
each student we mentor:

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2014/help_page#1._How_do_payments_work

I just thought I'd start this thread to try and capture ideas about how
we should collect the money (there are organizations like SPI and
Software Freedom Conservancy who can handle it for us) and how it could
be spent.

There are a few ideas I had already (like buying up copies of the book
to try and get into the best seller list) but it would be good to hear
more sensible ideas from other people first - please reply with any
suggestions you may have.

Also, the more mentors we get, the more projects will potentially be
funded and the larger the pot of money Ganglia will receive.  Extra
mentors, co-mentors and project ideas are still completely acceptable at
this stage.

Regards,

Daniel