I have gmond running on x86_64 (opteron) boxes, though gmetad is running on x86 system.

Prakash

David HM Spector wrote:

Anyone built ganglia on Novell/SuSE SLES9?

I was able to the the RPMs to build okay on a 32bit system (i386) but the last part of the link on a x86_64 system complains about libraries seemingly being in the wrong place.

I was able to find some old copies of the init scripts to allow it to start (SuSE uses a very different set of init scripts compared to Debian, RH/FC,etc) on my system(s) and am using the i386 binaries on the x86_64 syste, but gmetad is not happy at all, as soon as I add any data sources it segfaults and terminates. Has any one else had any luck?

regards,
David Spector