I'm not sure what version of Ganglia you guys are talking about but have
you tried rebuilding 3.0.2's SRPM on SLES9 and see if that works?

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ganglia/ganglia-3.0.2-1.src.rpm?downl
oad

Also, if the provided init.d script does not work on SuSE, we would
gladly accept patches to fix it.

Rebuilding Ganglia RPMs require rrdtool-devel, among others.

Cheers,

Bernard