[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Perhaps we could create a simple anonymous survey for Ganglia users?
Code authors could then be guided quantitively by what the community
is really doing - what kind of hosts they monitor - what they use
in Ganglia, and what they may need.

What do you (all) think?

I've been under the impression for a while ganglia wasn't getting a whole lot of development and was mostly in maintenance mode. It hasn't changed a whole lot in the few years I've been using it (except perhaps the config file format, a change that was much appreciated).

The software is already excellent, and most of the changes I could suggest would be philosophical "my way is better than your way" type things.