Daniel Bourque wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     my setup is as follow, 2 PBS head nodes running torque, moab ,
> ganglia and a group of compute nodes running pbs_mom. Ganglia's gmond is
> running on the headnodes in mute mode.
>
> I'm trying to get rid of the "localhost.localdomain" node that now shows
> up in ganglia because job monarch reports as localhost.localdomain.

I'm not sure what this means, because jobmonarch doesn't report "as"
anything, instead it adds metrics to an existing host's entry in the xml
tree (specifically,  your pbs server). If you telnet to your xml_port on
the gmetad server and dump to a file, and search for 'MONARCH', you'll
see that everything is included inside a pair of <HOST> tags. The only
place the hostname is set is within that HOST tag.

It seems to me your pbs server is confused about its own hostname.
Either a bad entry in /etc/hosts, or assuming a redhat system, something
in /etc/sysconfig is setting the machine's name to localhost.localdomain
(which is a default).