Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.com.au> wrote:
> and 3.2 can possibly go to a full XML format gmetad.conf with more
> advanced templates, etc.

Please tell me that's not being considered?
XML is a horrible lousy format for these kinds of config files.
Its advantages are much less relevant in practice than its disadvantages.
If we must have XML, let gmetad read something else, and have an
 XML -> gmetad.conf translator for those who really want to use XML.
  -- Cos