Daniel Pocock wrote:

> - is it important for users to maintain the files manually, or will the
> focus shift to tools, web interface or config files generated from some
> other enterprise data source?

I've been content with the existing file format for the 7 or so years
I've been running ganglia. At this point if changes were going to be
made, I think making it consistent with gmond's configuration format
would be a noble effort.

Not a big fan of any kind of GUI interface to maintain a text file, many
other software packages have made this mistake.. the problems it creates
is a config file that reads like line noise, or "hidden" options in the
config that never get GUI elements to control them.