Yes,  because all of the ganglia data is stored in an xml format. You telnet to
a gmetad or gmond process and get a dump of everything that daemon knows about.
Makes it easy to write additional tools because xml parsers are a dime a dozen.

It's fast enough to be used in a web page.. I use it for everything from
monitoring kernel versions to system uptime for a "tactical overview" page that
helps monitor around 3500 machines.