Hi Ron:

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Ron Cavallo <ron_cava...@s5a.com> wrote:

> 3.1.7 frontend and gmonds. Both unicast gmonds and gmonds communicating via
> multicast address have the same problem. My os is redhat 4. There's about 20

You never mixed unicast with multicast, right?

Also, with unicast, did you set send_metadata_interval > 0?  See:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ganglia/wiki/ganglia_release_notes#ImportantNotes:

> total servers monitored in 4 clusters. The biggest cluster has 12 machines
> in it. If I refresh the web page when it starts to happen the nodes go
> "pink" slowly as I click refresh until they are all pink and down. If I keep
> clicking refresh they all appear at once about a minute or maybe a minute
> and a half later. I DO have that 12 node cluster set to update every 90
> seconds at the data source entry, and it feels like they dissapear for 90
> seconds.

You meant your gmetad.conf looks something like:

data_source "blah" 90 localhost

?

If so, try taking out 90 and see if anything changes (default polling
interval of 15s will be used instead).

Cheers,

Bernard