Hi!

I'm actually facing an interesting behaviour of the nagios scripts in the
Ganglia web UI:
(Using the latest available versions of Ganglia and Ganglia Web on AIX)

1) Sometimes a critical state is returned - allthough the last beacon was
received within the threshold:

$ ./check_heartbeat host=host1 threshold=50
CRITICAL Last beacon received 0 days, 0:00:11

--> Running this command from the command line repeatedly may or may not
return this kind of information or an OK statement. It does not matter if
the last beacon was received within the last 1, 3, 15 or "whatever"
seconds.

2) I also installed Icinga to monitor the health of the Ganglia daemons.
In the service details I see up to now for each single host either the OK
statement - or I get a "UNKNOWN Hostname info not available. Likely
invalid hostname"
This message ususally disappears after some or several additionally
attempts to get the data but may come back later.

If I try to verify the state from the comand line I receive in most cases
the "OK" statement and in a few cases the above shown "CRITICAL" value.

Does anyone know how to bring this in a more consistent state?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Alexander Karner