John Levon wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:00:43PM -0400, Garst R. Reese wrote:
>
> > To this I would like add, as a reminder that there are blind computer
> > users, that the mouse for them is as useless as the GUI.
>
> http://www.trolltech.com/developer/changes/3.0.0.html
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/GNOME-Accessibility.html
> http://accessibility.kde.org/
>
> You are welcome to hire an accessibility expert to finish Qt accessibility
> support, and to audit lyx ...
>
> john, in a friday mood anyway
>
John, I know the issues and problems of accessibility. I'm sure that you
know that a key component is having everything accessible via
key-strokes. Richard reminded you of that and you replied the good GUI
design foremost. Unlike most users, blind programmers go to the extreme
of translating docs to braille, and reading them. Richard pointed out
that LyX has taken a step backward in accessibility. I agree. Is it
really that hard to allow users to enter -12bp and let that override the
cute GUI cm?
Garst (in friday mode)