John Levon wrote: > > On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:22:15PM -0400, Garst R. Reese wrote: > > > John, I know the issues and problems of accessibility. I'm sure that you > > know that a key component is having everything accessible via > > key-strokes. Richard reminded you of that and you replied the good GUI > > design foremost. > > I've just shown you several links that suggest GUIs and accessibility are not > inimiical to each other - why do you persist in saying otherwise ? I did not say that. In the words of your Gnome reference: 2.A large class of users with physical disabilities as well as blind users and other groups, need to have full keyboard access to all applications (with no functions available only via the mouse). Note that many "power-users" are also well served by this functionality
> Richard is not talking about accessibility. He is talking about keyboard >interaction, and that is an xforms bug. Richard complained about not having keyboard access that used to be available. see "power-users" above. > > > Is it > > really that hard to allow users to enter -12bp and let that override the > > cute GUI cm? > > no, but it is stupid. Like Lars has already pointed out, such users should be > using the minibuffer. The fact that minibuffer support is not complete is a > lyxfunc bug. Either way it has nothing to do with the new GUI changes. The truth is that they will probably stick with LaTeX, and enjoy a maxi-buffer. > Read "Explorable interfaces" and "Learnability" here : > http://www.asktog.com/basics/firstPrinciples.html > I did not find anything relevant in that one.
