We were pretty much surrounded by Bama fans, too, but the two couples behind us
were particularly bothersome.  I'm sure I've told that story here before.

One of the girls had some pompoms and kept intentionally (obviously
intentionally) shaking them right on my head when Bama had one or two decent
plays at the beginning of the game.  Finally, about halfway through the 2nd
quarter, my inner Gator Bad Grrrrl stood up and said, "Girl, if you hit me in
the head with those @)#$(#$% pompoms again, I'm gonna take them away from you
and kick your @$$."  She looked quite stunned that a nearly 40 year old woman
would say and do such a thing, but... well... there it is.  LOL.  It's a good
thing I hadn't been drinking.

At halftime, my 15 year old daughter and I went to the restroom and stopped to
look at some of the Gator memorabilia.  Pompom Girl's boyfriend approached me
and started chastising me for "cussin' at his girlfriend".  I turned my back on
him and told him he'd better leave me alone.  Fortunately, my sister had seen
him leave his seat right after we did so she came looking for us... with a
policeman.  She had already told him the whole story so he was watching the
confrontation at the souvenir table and came over and told the guy to leave me
alone.  LOL.  Little did he know.  ;-)

It was all a moot point anyway because they got really quiet after halftime...
and left well before the game was over.  I don't think Pompom Girl picked up
those annoying things again for the duration of their stay.