Subject: [gatortalk] "Just win"
From: Woody <gatorrr...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, October 21, 2009 10:01 am
To: Gatortalk <Gatortalk@googlegroups.com>

A win is a win is a win... Ill take em.  But is anyone else getting the impression that that mentality may be setting us back?

As I drove back from Orlando yesterday... I thought about what that mindset really means and why Meyer would be pushing that... and perhaps I have thought too far into this but this is what I came up with...

- We're #1... and so long as we win we're in.  But will that remain true if Bama or whoever shows to be more impressive as the season continues?
- Do only what we have to to win.. stay healthy/injury free... and for the most part .. fresh
- these problems are not just due to Tebows concussion.. that cannot be an excuse.. he's been on his game.  But the entire game cannot rest on his shoulders.
- "just win" because the entire year is going to be a struggle because they are not as good of a team as we thought.  That atleast seems to be true...
- "just win" because Addazzio is still getting his feet wet as a OC and is going through a learning curve, hence why we are not very productive.  Maybe he's playin it too safe and doesnt wanna screw up?  He's obviously a power run OC... he's said it before... so does that mean we're not gonna see much of a passing attack that UF fans have become so accustomed too?  If thats the case.. if he's also the OL guy... why hasnt Demps/Rainey/Moody/James, etc etc had a more productive year against our better opponents?  I get what we were tryin to do against LSU... dive play dive play dive play run it right at em and control the clock.  We saw a lil more passing in the first half vs Arky... but then we had a hard time holding on to the ball.  Had it not been for the turnovers... I think that game would have easily been 30-10.  Gotta give Arky credit though... they are much improved over the year.

look..I know meyer isnt happy that we arent happy with just accepting a win... i dont think thats what we are up in arms about... Im not so sure thats the case at all... i think everyone of us would accept a win... but I do think this mentality of "just go in and get out with a win" may be the wrong mindset.  I think it also shows that Meyer doesnt have that much confidence in this team or someone that is keeping them from being a dominant figure.

Again.. maybe im thinking too far into it all... but right now.. Miss St game is scaring the hell outta me.

1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions   |
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us