I believe you must assertively claim your ownership and ask others to desist
from using it.

From: Gatornet Admin <gator...@comcast.net>
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, January 21, 2010 9:14:40 AM
Subject: RE: [gatortalk] RE: [gatornews] Fw: GatorNews -- Tuesday, January 19,
2010

I can provide documentation that *I* have “owned” the GatorNews mailist going
as far back as the backup group on eGroups in the late 90’s, but I don’t
believe it will come down to being “out of business”. I don’t think they will
have a problem with us co-existing, but I’m still waiting for their reply.

Randy