IMHO, most folks tend to over value spring games performances.  The spring
game is the time when coaches let the younger players and perennial backups
get significant on field experience and evaluation.  Very rarely are these
kids playing against starters.  The only thing Scott's performance proved in
the spring game is that he was better or at least at that point in time more
advanced than the other players.  Clearly when Dunlap, Hunter, Cunningham,
Spikes, and the rest of the starters returned in the fall, he wasn't nearly
as successful.  If he had been, I have to believe UM would have played Scott
more during the regular season.  Second, in TT we had our short yardage big
back and there was no way UM was going to take the ball out of TT's hands.
Now in 2010 and Brantley at the controls, things will be different.

JAFO

Randy Platt

aka "PCGator"

aka "The Armchair Quarterback"