Here is a few thoughts that I have for what they are worth (perhaps not even
$.02):

1.       I can fully understand how and why he erupted.  I really believe
that Urban Meyer feels like some (most) of the players are family.  When my
family is hurt, I am defensive and it will upset me.  I believe he acted out
of his pain for his player's pain.

2.       It is clear that some of the media took the quote out of context.
The original quote was in context but it began to be perverted in a way it
was not intended as it was reported by others.

3.       I think it is clear that Deonte misspoke.  I think he would have
liked to have said a "regular" quarterback rather than "real."  If he could
have a do-over he would either have not said anything or might have said
"regular."

4.       I think the journalist might have wished that he could have a
do-over and asked Deonte if that was really what he meant.  Was he actually
trying to say that Tim Tebow was not a real quarterback?  I realize that in
context that was clear.  I know I have in the past asked people if they
meant something the way it sounded because, in the group, there might be
some that would not understand what the meant.

5.       I think Urban Meyer might wish he had a do-over.  I know I have on
many occasions allowed my mouth to speak before my brain kicked in.  I think
this was one of those occasions.  I would not be surprised if he has not
called him privately and apologized.  (I am also not sure that Urban would
not be better served to publically apologize himself.)

Jerry