Ok.. according to the source of that quote.. Spurrier said that in Destin during a press conference. So Im going to go look for it in print somewhere.

On Jun 1, 2010, at 11:39 PM, Wanda Barry wrote:

If memory serves...when Doug showed up for practice, he couldn't even run with the team and SOS was PISSED OFF!!
----- Original Message -----
From: ken...@earthlink.net
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Wow... Spurrier on QB replacements

I would like to know if that's a real and accurate quote. It does sound in character for SOS, and I don't doubt that what he says is true.

We certainly know that Doug played minor league baseball that summer and did show up in August out-of-shape, or as Doug put it, he was "in baseball shape," not football shape.

Go Gators!!!!

Ken B. (NYC Gator)