I not sticking my nose in this mess, but it sure does seem quite a bit like a
certain other cases at a large respected institution.

From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatortalk@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sandy Alonso
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 12:52 PM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Penn State

My question is this - why is he still there at all?

One can never say for sure what they would do when faced with something so
horrific happening in front of them.  One would THINK a 28-year-old grown man
would intervene to protect a child being raped.  But let's just say it was so
overwhelmingly horrible to have witnessed and he went into a kind of shock,
thus preventing him from shouting or physically intervening.  Why did he not
call the police after he called his father to tell him about it?  Why didn't
the father call the police?

Okay, let's give that all the benefit of the doubt, that they felt that Coach
Paterno had to be informed first.  Why didn't McQueary do something when the
police never came to question him?  Why didn't he question why Sandusky still
had access to the football buildings?

It was evident at some point that the guy was never reported to the
authorities.  How could you live with knowing the guy got away with it
scott-free (well, up until now)?  Was there some sort of fear of retribution?
Was he given a full-time coaching position in exchange for keeping quiet?

Frankly, if I was a 28-year-old big burly guy like McQueary, I would have gone
into those showers and beat the living tar out of Sandusky, right then and
there.

At minimum, I'd have called the police.

Something just doesn't add up right in this McQueary story.

It's disgusting that they would turn their eyes to a serial pedophile just to
preserve the "pristine reputation" of Penn State.  Besides the horrendous fact
that they in a sense helped enable this sicko to continue to do what he was
doing, they also managed to take that "sterling" reputation and stick it
further in the muck than if they'd just done the right thing and called the
police.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Helen Huntley