  From: Sandy Alonso
  To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:50 AM
  Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Penn State

  Cee,

  Whether your son has a tender heart or no, I'm glad to hear that he
recognizes that something should have been done right then, right there. It's
clear he is a well-raised young man.

  You know,  I get it when people don't want to get involved in a situation
where they might witness someone shoplifting or they see someone hit and run a
parked car.  That's one thing (although I myself would get involved in both
situations).  No one's actually being physically or emotionally injured.  This
is rape!  And rape of a child, no less!   Good grief, was he more concerned
that this "beloved" coach was doing wrong than concerned for the welfare of the
boy?  I just can not get past the fact that he did not follow up when it
appeared nothing had been done.   How could you not?  (And it's not like he
wouldn't know - he was the witness, so you'd definitely know if a policeman or
detective didn't come calling.)

  Your friend's perspective on McQueary is interesting.  I was just discussing
this with my sister - I said, "I didn't realize until recently that the grad
assistant who witnessed the rape was that big red-headed jerk on the Penn State
coaching staff."  I can't recall what the situation was, but I recall him doing
SOMETHING at the Outback Bowl this past January that really irritated me.  I
don't know if he had made a gesture at some Gator players, or what, but I
already didn't like the guy prior to this.  I like him even less, now.  Really,
I will NOT be surprised if his coaching job was awarded as payment for a
coverup.

  Sandy