I said to my dog (only one here to watch with me) Somebody tell the Gators there is not a rule in football that you MUST use 3 plays to make the required 10yds for a FD.

On 9/9/2013 11:34 AM, Jay Cicone wrote:

I was surprised we only hit the perimeter a few times with the running game---if I'm remember. Why not try to stretch them out?

*From:*gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatortalk@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Sandy Alonso
*Sent:* Monday, September 09, 2013 11:31 AM
*To:* gatortalk@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: [gatortalk] Zook 2

I miss those fast starts under SOS too, Jay.

Charlie, I agree about these drives that seem to be chock full of converted 3rd downs. Once you get into the red zone, that philosophy becomes a big problem because the field is shortened and it's much easier to defend the "three yards and a cloud of dust" or a dink-and-dunk passing game. As we all saw Saturday.

I just don't know what to think. I never liked Zook, and Meyer always made me uneasy somehow, even when we were winning. I like Muschamp - a lot - and really want him to succeed. I just don't know that he'll have a chance if this season turns out poorly. It really doesn't help our understanding of what's going on now that they don't let the media into practices any more. Are we really just going to be that predictable and boring all year? Is it because of a coaching philosophy, a talent issue, or both? Are they running more a more aggressive offense in practice, or not? Do they actually have a package for Trey Burton in the Wildcat where he might actually throw the ball?

I am also concerned about the way they use Matt Jones (though it is early, and one can argue he may not be 100% yet) - the few times I saw him play for Armwood, he was far more successful as a RB catching passes than being a straight downhill runner.