I think Bianchi said a few months ago that there’s no way the Gators made a
huge mistake with Muschamp.  A few years ago the SEC was all about defense, and
WM went real conservative on offense because of that.  Then suddenly with the
great QBs in the SEC in the last two years, offenses took off and we were stuck
with Weis and Brent Pease.  And then we had all the injuries last year.  Don’t
forget how many people last year said if Driskel gets hurt, goodbye Gators.

Like Steve said, the pecking order in the SEC never remains constant.  No team
in this conference can win big every year.  Every team had a losing season more
recently than we did last year.

I think the carousel of assistant coaches has been a HUGE problem for the
Gators in recent years.  Isn’t it true that Andre Debose has had *six*
different OCs in his six years?  And probably nearly as many DCs.  I don’t know
the answer to that, but somehow we need to get lucky or good with some
assistant coach stability.  Dan Mullen, Charlie Strong, Dan Quinn.  Came and
went.  One reason FSU had such great defenses year after year in the Bowden
days was because that old guy who spit all the time was there as DC for like 25
years.  It’s not just the head coach, y’all, it’s the assistants too.

It’s college football.  It gets weird sometimes.  USC, Va Tech, SoCar.  Look at
them.  You have great games and stinkers.  Every game is its own game.  We’ll
probably lose Saturday, but it’s football season!  It’s not July anymore.
YAY!!  Go Coach Dawg.  Go Gators.  Let’s try to enjoy it and be positive.