Work like you don't need money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one's watching

"Tough Guys don't dance."

"Dancing is for the sissy boys, the poofsters, and women."

Whether we like it or not these are traditional mindsets that have existed across
cultures for years and while some of the greatest exponents of Dance are men nothing
they do can ever shatter this myth or the rigid mindset of society.

The struggle of men against society for the right to freely express their emotions
through dance therefore has the makings of Great Drama.

One of the most endearing movies that I have come across on this subject would have to
be Billy Elliot. A charming story of how a Welsh Coal miners son battles the prejudice
of family and society to triumph as a ballet dancer.

A slightly darker but none the less riveting story on man and dance has been portrayed
in Mahesh Dattani's brilliant stage play "Dance like a man".

The play has now been put on film by an ensemble of artistes and technicians and has
been won the National Award as Best English Language Film of the year.

For a review of the movie go to http://in.news.yahoo.com/040929/139/2h09d.html

as also http://www.hindu.com/fr/2004/10/01/stories/2004100102160300.htm

Gay Bombay intends to salute the mastery of the movie by organising a Gb event to see
it.

The details of the movie event are.

Date: Wednesday, October 06, 2004
Time: 09:30 pm
Venue. Globus, Hill Road, Bandra (West)

We shall gather at the main entrance of Globus Shopping Mall by 9:30 pm. One of us
shall be wearing a black cap, with 'gb' inscribed on it. We shall buy the tickets at
the venue just before the show, hence no advance requests for tickets is required.
Just make sure you get to the venue latest by 9:30 pm. The show commences at 10:00 pm.

This event is organized by www.gaybombay.cc.
If you have any further queries/questions please email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/WfTolB/TM

NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
SEEKING FRIENDS? VISIT
www.gaybombay.info
click on classified section and type your message in the post section once the link
opens

What's hot? What's not? Where are the LGBT parties being held and when? Click here!!

http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,04497/srt,0/gaybombaygroup/?v=42&POS=
Post:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Groups Homepage:-  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gay_bombay
Unsubscribe:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]