Dear Aman,

A very open heart letter you have written. Most of us
go through this mental torture. Like that poem “Cried
Plato’s ghost, What Then?”  Some people suffer longer
than others. However, it is important to realise that
life is not always fare, but still you have to accept
the way it is, making the most out of it.

Unfortunately, we tend to look only at the negative
aspects of life and overlook the positive aspects.
There’s also a practical way to look at it. This way
means simply “look at the things from your convenient
point of view”. There’s an excellent joke I recently
read: “Some say the glass is half full, some say the
glass is half empty but I say, are you going to drink
or think?” Now that’s the way to bring new fillip to
your life

Life is to be lived and enjoyed. Problems, troubles
are an integral part of life. That’s what Buddha said.
In fact he went to find a permanent remedy for the
problems and sadness of life, only to realise that the
sorrow is a part of life. One has to accept it’s
presence, and then only can one know how to deal with
it.

>From your mail, you have three main issues. I’ll try
to show how they are not only related to your
“gayness” :

First : My eyes get wet, The answer was there for sure
is "alone"...

Read this :A man and a woman decide to get married.
After a happy and successful togetherness of 40 years,
the husband (or the wife) suddenly dies. The children
are settled, nice to their alive parent, the financial
status is fine, but still the remaining partner is
alone and lost. He/she has only friends from same age
group, but no partner to share personal issues.
When a sportsman stands on No.1 platform to receive
the gold medal, isn’t he “alone”?
In short the “aloneness” is not just a “fate of a poor
little gay”. You have to learn to find the joy of
“aloneness”, and mind you, it’s not the same as
“loneliness”.

Second: But i can't dare to tell him my tales because
its a sin to tell my tales...

Once you accept your aloneness, you will get over this
problem easily.

In any case, someone who tells tales about his/her
conquests, is purely to satisfy his/her own self. It’s
simple to understand with an example : Someone comes
and tells you about the joys of tasting duck liver ‘à
la poile’ with a good rosé and ewe cheese with jam of
black cherries. How are YOU going to understand what
it is and how are you going to relish it? Here, the
storyteller (in this case, myself) alone relishes the
“taste” and not the listener.
You should treat the “love stories” of your friends in
the same fashion, and start getting active to find
your own match. (BTW, you must try tasting those
French delicacies, they are yummmmmmmmm..  )

Finally : we have multiple partner, no faithfulness...

He he.. Do you mean the married straight men do not
cheat on their wives? And the married straight women
do not take advantage of their absent husbands? The
faithfulness, my friend is another word for ‘lack of
opportunity’ in many cases. Of course there are
exceptions to this rule, but then that’s why they are
called “exceptions”.

Well my friend, my fingers are getting numb by typing
this long sermon and surely you have got bored by
reading it. Hats off to you if you have managed to
reach upto this line. I sincerely hope that you will
start looking at life in a positive way, because
that’s THE way out of your gloom.

Cheers
Shailesh

--- handsome_redfort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Today i was sitting alone on my terrice, Thinking of
> my future what
> it would be

http://mail.yahoo.com

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages
(by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all
members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then
please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com

Archives are at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html