Hi Raahu,

Thanks a lot for the compliments and sorry for the delay in replying, which owes to the network problems after the rains.

I totally agree that a soul mate is highly necessary in life (not only for sex). However, Aman's mail reflects his prsent sense of "future aloneness", and that's the reason why I tried to console him with some words of assurance and hope. Since I understand the necessity of a soulmate, I suggested that he goes and looks for his "match". What I meant by my mail that an absence of a soulmate should not weigh someone down. I would go a step further and say that it happens sometimes that you HAVE a soulmate, but due to many reasons, you can't be with him physically when you desperately need it. This is one more situation of "aloneness", which applies to me. I think I have found mine, who lives in France. Though we share a lot of things via mails and cells, and though we meet once a year, ain't I still alone?

I exaggerated perhaps about the heterosexual wives, but you got to see in the eyes of a housewife (arranged marriage) who has spent 6-9 yrs of married life, to comprehend my viewpoint. This, mind you, is not an accusation, but merely an observation.

Cheers
Shailesh

raahu an <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Shailesh has done well, but what Aman,  I feel,  is talking about could be interpreted as a looking out for a soul mate [ even if that soul mate remains "unfaithful"].

While getting over the feeling of loneliness [ I do agree that aloneness with some planning in fact is many a times enjoyable, less stressful and opens us to varied explorations of life ( i do not mean sex here) ] could be worked upon by us, having a soul mate makes a BIG difference in one's life.  What Aman [ and many such] COUL:D mean is faceless sex and regular one night stands,  the fancy/urge for which could peter off in due course.

Also I do not see spouses in a heterosexual marriage looking for an extra marital relationship at the drop of a hat. Polarized media stories make us see this issue in a larger than life form.

Best wishes,

25.7.2005

http://mail.yahoo.com

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]