I completely disagree with Prasanth's view that we chose to like men over women and if we decide then we can start liking men. Prasant can you make similar statement for heterosexuals? I wonder.

For me personally, I always had attraction for men and I did not grow up in a over powering parents' house. My parents were loving, caring and always encouraged to take risks and be brave in life. So I do not buy his point on parenting. I hope there is healthy discussion on nature vs. nurture on this forum based on personal experiences. I totally agree and believe why we are gay is because of genetics just in the same way whu mysister is straight- because of genetics.

Cheers,
Sameer

prasanth kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

I don't think being gay is because GOD wanted us to be like this or because we are born gay. It is more to do with parenting, upbringing and circumstances. Psychological factors also affect a person to become a gay or straight. If your parents are over protective and shield you from the big bad world , there is every chance that you develop female tendencies of being soft and timid. Your carving to become the macho man could further your desire to have a man.I think it is all in the mind. If a person really desires to change his orientation, he is more likely to succeed if he really wants to. It is all about being confortable with one's sexuality. If I choose to like men than women, it is my choice and I making this choice not because I was born that way or GOD made me. It is purely because I choose to be one due to factors affecting my upbringing, circumstances and emotions.

Yahoo! for Good

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]